How can I develop a strong faith?
Many things in our lives are determined by faith. How and what I believe has an enormous impact on my life. Faith determines how I see the world, my morality/ethics, my expectations, and my dealings with other people. My faith also determines how I see myself, my self-esteem, and how I decide in many situations. Faith also determines important questions in my life: Is there a God? Was man created by God, or is he a product of evolution? What is the meaning of life? Is there a future after death? But faith in God and his Word is not simply a "blind" faith, it is based in many areas on clearly recognizable facts. Of course, the aspect of trust is also contained in faith.
Faith is a deep conviction
Heb 11:1 But faith is a realization of what one hopes for, a conviction of things that one does not see.
Heb 11:3 By faith we understand that the world was created by God's command, that the visible came out of the invisible.
- I believe in the reality of the promises that God gives me in His Word.
- My beliefs are based not only on the visible, but also on the invisible.
- I believe in a natural world and in a supernatural world.
Faith is a reaction
Rom 10:17 Thus faith comes out of preaching, but preaching out of the word of God.
Jam 1:22-24 But be doers of the word, and not only hearers who deceive themselves. (23) For if any man be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like a man who contemplates his natural face in a mirror. (24) For he looked at himself and went away, and immediately forgot what he was like.
- I hear the word of God, accept it as truth, and begin to put it into practice in my life.
Faith is an action
Jam 2:17-18 So also faith, if it has no works, is dead in itself. (18) But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works; show me your faith without works, and I will show you my faith from my works.
- Faith becomes visible in what I say and do.
- However, we can say and do many things without believing, but we cannot believe without confessing and acting.
The more I hear, read and reflect on God's Word, the stronger my faith becomes. The proof of faith is in its implementation in daily life.